Monday, March 21, 2011

Moti Girl Diary- Week Three, time to party!

hmmmmmmm sooo goood
Hello Blog Readers, your one and only Moti Girl here to give you the 411 on my mission to extract the fat from my body .  I can't believe it's already been three weeks since I've been on this mission!  It's actually been a decent week, no real complaints. Well on second thought, maybe a few grievances, but all in good fun.  I finally feel like I'm getting into the swing of things, in terms of controlling my need to stuff my fat face.  :) I know I just gave you a lovely mental picture.  Enjoy!  I think a lot of my self-control this week has to do with the knowledge of how many calories there are in certain foods.  Again, moderation is key. One bite of something totally satiates the moats in me.  So why not?  I indulged in Yogurtland's Devil's Food Cupcake Batter and died went to Moti Hell.  Yes, calorie wise, it's not too bad, but after tasting it I wanted more than 1 measly ounce.  I felt like putting my mouth under the yogurt dispenser, holding the lever down and just guzzling as much as I could before I choked.  Yes, I might shed some pounds and make better food choices, but the Moti Girl soul will live on forever.


Things that annoyed me this week: (Moti Girl rants)
  1. Skinny broads complaining about their non-existent fat around their waists.  Seriously, I am hard enough on myself, I don't need nor want someone else to imply what a water buffalo I am compared to you.  When you are pointing out your fat, can you please consider your audience? I'm all for everybody working on bettering themselves, but just be conscious of how your words can be perceived and how it can effect another.  Can you talk about you losing the fat around your waist when you are around another waif-thin friend like yourself?  Thanks!  I certainly would appreciate it and will refrain from punching you in the face, in my head.  That way I don't feel like a giant elephant next to you?  Just a thought.  For example: my whole life (ah) I have been blessed with pretty good skin.  I never really had any pimples nor zits and I will be completely honest I hate washing my face.  When I get a random pimple here and there and the drama queen in me seeps out, I always consider refraining from whining about it around people who have struggled with skin care. Just out of consideration. I hate the way the 'Fat' thing makes me feel... why the hell would I do it somebody else?  
  2. Secondly, to the people who walk around naked in the Gym bathroom... why? O-M-G!!!!  Why must I have the vision of your naked body, fit-or-not branded into my memory?  As if the vision of my own out-of-shape body in front of mirror isn't enough to scare me for a lifetime, now mixed with yours I might as well just keep slapping myself till the memory falls out of me.  I get it, your comfortable with your body and you don't care what anybody thinks. That's fine and all, but there is nothing wrong with a little (a LOT) of modesty. 
  3. Lastly, to all the a-holes who lie to my face and tell me that I don't need to lose any weight and that "a little meat doesn't hurt", get the hell away from me pronto!  That's the nicest possible way I can phrase that. Um, really? Do I even need to rant about why I found this comment so offensive?  I would like to be clear, if I haven't been so already, but I am doing this not only to lose weight but to have and maintain a healthier lifestyle.  I'm sure vanity has a little to do with it, but mostly it's because I don't want to suffer with heart disease nor diabetes.  Losing some weight might help me with my confidence and I want to be in shape.  That's it. What the hell is wrong with this?  Simply put, being a 161 pounds with a height 5'3 is not good.  So quite lying to me, it's not about being polite, consider using phrases like "good for you" or "good luck".  Maybe these people were trying to be polite because they didn't know what to say, but it really has an opposite effect.  Just my two cents.
My daily uniform
As I was getting ready to write my post today, my 100-questions-a-minute daughter decided to inquire about what exactly a blog was.  I tried to give her a short answer and be done with it, but a million additional questions followed.  So I showed her and told her what I was up to.  Her response was "That's cool Mom, you should take a 'before' picture so that when you lose the weight you can remember what you looked like."  Damn, she is a know-it-all smarty-pants just like her dad.  So I took the advice of the wise-one Jr. and had her take a picture of me.  I don't know if it's because she was sitting down and I was standing on the ottoman, but it's not a bad picture. I don't look as obese as I normally do. Phew.  :)  On a side note, this is my daily uniform/outfit-du-jour 24/7. I live in jeans, t-shirts, kicks and a sweatshirt. I will refrain from any further details because it reserved for my fashion faux pas posts-to-be.

Great things this week:
  1. I discovered Fage. Um, can I just say it is by far the yummiest snack/breakfast ever.  So filling and delicious!  You can't go wrong. I found it at TJs and I fell in love. I have been eating this a few times a week with a banana and I am totally full. (I think my stomach really did shrink).  It's strained Greek Yogurt with Honey. (thank you Wadalawalla for this tip)
  2. The gym doesn't seem as daunting of task as it used to be.  
  3. Homegirls that come through with great healthy recipes (Doof) to add to my meal planning and ones that hook up yummy food and bring it to your house when least expected (MKL).  I'm gonna be redundant, but I am only able to do this because I have a great support system. So thank you!
  4. So grateful for FREE DAY!  I got my grub on Saturday night and then felt so sick I wanted to throw up so badly, but settled for dry-heaving instead, which is even worse.  Yes, my eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach. Note to self: my stomach shrunk, so calm down on free day.   :0)
*Highlight of the week* I got down to "Dus Bahane" in my Zumba class.  I got such a kick out of jamming to a Desi song.  I hate admitting it, but it was very entertaining and unexpected, but I felt like such a dork singing along to the lyrics.  Dorky Desis Unite!

Now, for what we've all been waiting for:
success I am now 2.6 pounds lighter
I am (ah) 2.6 pounds lighter. Who would have thought?  Well I think I have rambled on enough today. I love the comments... keep em coming please.  :)  Thank you all for reading my nonsense, this is your Moti Girl throwing deuces. XOXO


Week 1:   3/7/11: 163.2
Week 2:  3/14/11: 161.8
Week 3: 3/21/11: 159.2

8 comments:

  1. Love reading your stuff....by the way was the song, "Dus Bahaney"?.........by the way, I put my name and select anonymous profile because I don't know what else to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last comment was mine......Seema

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go reh! you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Seema Aunty, when I first went through it I had caught the typo and then got so excited to publish the post that I completely forgot to go back and change it. So thank you for being a good pair of eyes. LOL.

    @doof thanks my friend. Thanks for that awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm not going to lie. I complain about the fat around my waist and lament that I will never be what I was before Maya was born. I will stop! I swear! But it truly does bother me that no amount of crunches will ever give me my flat stomach back. :)

    Great job on the 2.6 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I know how challenging it is & I'm proud of you for putting your health first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have been counting down the days to read ur next post! I read this one outloud to Has and he was laughing his ass off!! Love the skinny chicks comment - so true! And ur missing ur backpack from ur uniform! Xoxo Amo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must agree with everyone that your post are SOOO enjoyable to read! and all this weight that you're losing is a HUGE deal!!! 2 lbs a week is absolutely the best way to lose it! Proud friend right here!

    Till next week, my love!

    ReplyDelete