|hmmmmmmm sooo goood|
Things that annoyed me this week: (Moti Girl rants)
- Skinny broads complaining about their non-existent fat around their waists. Seriously, I am hard enough on myself, I don't need nor want someone else to imply what a water buffalo I am compared to you. When you are pointing out your fat, can you please consider your audience? I'm all for everybody working on bettering themselves, but just be conscious of how your words can be perceived and how it can effect another. Can you talk about you losing the fat around your waist when you are around another waif-thin friend like yourself? Thanks! I certainly would appreciate it and will refrain from punching you in the face, in my head. That way I don't feel like a giant elephant next to you? Just a thought. For example: my whole life (ah) I have been blessed with pretty good skin. I never really had any pimples nor zits and I will be completely honest I hate washing my face. When I get a random pimple here and there and the drama queen in me seeps out, I always consider refraining from whining about it around people who have struggled with skin care. Just out of consideration. I hate the way the 'Fat' thing makes me feel... why the hell would I do it somebody else?
- Secondly, to the people who walk around naked in the Gym bathroom... why? O-M-G!!!! Why must I have the vision of your naked body, fit-or-not branded into my memory? As if the vision of my own out-of-shape body in front of mirror isn't enough to scare me for a lifetime, now mixed with yours I might as well just keep slapping myself till the memory falls out of me. I get it, your comfortable with your body and you don't care what anybody thinks. That's fine and all, but there is nothing wrong with a little (a LOT) of modesty.
- Lastly, to all the a-holes who lie to my face and tell me that I don't need to lose any weight and that "a little meat doesn't hurt", get the hell away from me pronto! That's the nicest possible way I can phrase that. Um, really? Do I even need to rant about why I found this comment so offensive? I would like to be clear, if I haven't been so already, but I am doing this not only to lose weight but to have and maintain a healthier lifestyle. I'm sure vanity has a little to do with it, but mostly it's because I don't want to suffer with heart disease nor diabetes. Losing some weight might help me with my confidence and I want to be in shape. That's it. What the hell is wrong with this? Simply put, being a 161 pounds with a height 5'3 is not good. So quite lying to me, it's not about being polite, consider using phrases like "good for you" or "good luck". Maybe these people were trying to be polite because they didn't know what to say, but it really has an opposite effect. Just my two cents.
|My daily uniform|
Great things this week:
- I discovered Fage. Um, can I just say it is by far the yummiest snack/breakfast ever. So filling and delicious! You can't go wrong. I found it at TJs and I fell in love. I have been eating this a few times a week with a banana and I am totally full. (I think my stomach really did shrink). It's strained Greek Yogurt with Honey. (thank you Wadalawalla for this tip)
- The gym doesn't seem as daunting of task as it used to be.
- Homegirls that come through with great healthy recipes (Doof) to add to my meal planning and ones that hook up yummy food and bring it to your house when least expected (MKL). I'm gonna be redundant, but I am only able to do this because I have a great support system. So thank you!
- So grateful for FREE DAY! I got my grub on Saturday night and then felt so sick I wanted to throw up so badly, but settled for dry-heaving instead, which is even worse. Yes, my eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach. Note to self: my stomach shrunk, so calm down on free day. :0)
Now, for what we've all been waiting for:
|success I am now 2.6 pounds lighter|
Week 1: 3/7/11: 163.2
Week 2: 3/14/11: 161.8
Week 3: 3/21/11: 159.2