Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moti Girl Diary- Week Four, oh what a bore!

Hello there fellow blog readers, Moti-Girl here to whet your appetite with my story about losing weight, eating better, exercising, stop being a moti-a-holic and start getting real. Oops, sorry the dork in me escapes from time to time, plus sadly I need to catch up on my episodes of Real World.  How are you all doing?  Me, not too good.  I have been plagued with a crippling migraine all day today and just not feeling my happy-happy-joy-joy self. So please bear with my lack of humor this evening.

  • I went to the gym four times this week, on top of exercising at home for an hour in front of the TV courtesy of On Demand and Mr. Billy Banks Jr.  Wow talk about a vigorous cardio work out!
  • I went to two birthday parties this weekend (Happy Birthday Fahad & Mimi!) and ate like a ravenous pig on free day.  Was there any doubt that I wouldn't?
  • I nearly passed out on the elliptical because Desis for some unintelligible reason don't feel the need to use deodorant.  I mean why, for crying out loud?  Why must you torture all innocent gym goers to your ignorance?  I feel like I should stand outside the gym and hand out free samples of deodorant and insist with the desi vigorous head shake from side to side to please try this revolutionary product that will help ameliorate your body odor problem.  I know I sound like a rude d-bag, but why does my gym experience have to marred with bouts of dry-heaving?
  • Why doesn't my hubby feel the need to read my blog?  This is a totally irrelevant rant, but a gripe I will post to see how much time will go by before he reads this post.   (The ball is in your court, Fish!)  Last week I asked him what he thought about my last two posts and after ineffectively avoiding eye contact and then mumbling some incoherent response, I realized, wow he didn't even read it.  He promised to read it this week, I'm not holding my breath. I guess I talk his head off enough everyday of his life that he doesn't see the need to read my drama-queen-antics as well.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little a butt hurt.  Who doesn't need a little validation from their own spouse?  Fish, the WARRIORS suck! Maybe that will get a rise out of him?  :)

For Free-Day I had the pleasure of attending Fahad Khan's 26th Birthday dinner courtesy of Chef Seema Aunty who made us a delicious Afghan meal.  The iphone camera does not do the food any justice, but  feel free to salivate over them.  Her food by far surpassed any Afghan food that I have ever ordered at any restaurant.  Yeah, even more than Kabul in Sunnyvale!  There are not enough words to describe the food heaven that I was in this Saturday.  Made me realize that I need to adjust my free day so it's not so close to weigh in day.  ;O)

Boranee Badenjan
Kormeh-Ruinaan
Kabuli Pallaw



No suspenseful build up today...

Lost 0.4 pounds hah!

So I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer today because it was only 0.4 pounds.  I know the fat isn't going to magically melt off of me (I wish), but wow I didn't think it was going to be this miniscule.  Nevertheless it is still progress and I can't be so easily derailed.  Bummed, yeah, but not discouraged.  Not to mention, working out does give you more energy which has been a really nice change.  Thank you all again for the comments and all the well-wishes!  I wish I could properly articulate what that does for my morale.  It's like a drug and I want more!  All jokes aside, I truly appreciate all the love, it has helped me immensely and I am humbled by your generosity!  Well iA next week will produce more satisfying results.  Well that's all for tonight, this is your Moti-girl signing off, you know you love to be Moti... xoxo

Week 1:   3/7/11: 163.2
Week 2:  3/14/11: 161.8
Week 3: 3/21/11: 159.2

Week 4: 3/28/11: 158.8

7 comments:

  1. Not seeing the weight loss every week is very natural! A lot of it is water weight anyway! :) so don't ever feel discouraged...ever! oh and a better way of getting a feel for all the weight loss is through your clothes-especially pants! :)

    Anyway, glad to see you're still being persistant!!! It's very encouraging on my end. I've been eating healthier but unfortunately it's going to take more than that for me at this point. blah! :/

    Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're motivating this moti girl too! go reh reh go reh reh go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reh, you rock. I would never have the ----- to do what you did. More power to you and weightloss too! It will happen.... I still need to get this right and quit using my name under anonymous!.....Seema

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up Reh! I'm super proud of you. Contemplating posting my own brand of snarky moti girl ranting too, though, honestly, I'd probably give up and bake cookies instead. Think about this: if my moti-food loving-kitchen working-baking-snacking ass can loose 16lbs in 5 weeks, you can too. Love ya bubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went to the gym four times last week? I don't think I've gone to the gym four times in the last month. So you're already my hero :) And yes, we definitely need a dinner party soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. reh reh! have you taken measurements of yourself? just because you aren't losing pounds... you may be losing inches!! I am joining your bandwagon starting now! I can finally work-out! let's zumba!

    ReplyDelete